Student Tips for Microsoft Excel
For past, present an future students, below are some links to past articles for Tips and Tricks using Microsoft Excel. Many of these I have mentioned in class. Please post comments on any others you may want more info on.
- Excel Reconciliation and Decimal Precision – Information regarding decimal precision and rounding in Excel
- How do you use Goal Seek in Excel? – A seldom used feature of Excel is Goal Seek to work backward to your target numbers.
- What is a Excel 3D Reference and How Do You Use One? – Instructions on how to use an Excel 3d Reference that performs calculations across multiple worksheets.
- How to add a percentage column in a pivot table. – Working with pivot tables is very important for most jobs that require Excel skills. Learn how to customize a column in a pivot table.
- How to create a dual axis chart in Excel – If you don’t know what a dual axis chart is read this article.
- Excel vLookup Example – This should help you learn how to perform a vlookup in Excel spreadsheets
- How to add a call out Arrow to an Excel Spreadsheet – Learn how to focus a users attention on a section of your spreadsheet.
- How to calculate age in Excel – Date Math is sometimes tricky to comprehend at first. This may help you better understand how to add and subtract dates in Excel
- Excel Pivot Table Example (with pivot chart) – This is simple pivot table with a pivot chart
- and many others