Helpful WordPress Resources
I have compiled a set of useful WordPress Resources to help build a website using WordPress. These include links to SEO guides, free images, free WordPress themes, Logo builders, online image editing tools and much more. These were initially for my class students however any new web designer may benefit from at least some of the resources. Please note that I am not responsible for the content on the sites linked below.
Free Images and Tools
On the below websites you will find many free images and online image editing tools that can be very helpful as you build your WordPress websites.
- Unsplash – Beautiful Free Photos
- freepik – Graphic resources including free vectors, stock photos and icons.
- pixabay – Stunning free images and royalty free stock
- DesignEvo – Free online logo maker
- Lunapic – Online imaged editor
Search Engine Optimization Info
Below is a list of recent WordPress resources specific to SEO guides and tips. These should help you optimize your site for speed and performance. I cannot take any credit for any of the guides listed below.
- Simple Guide to SEO – SEO Tutorial for Beginners
- Best SEO Plugins – SEO Plugins for Ranking Better in 2019
Performance Testing Tools
After you build your site you should not simply make it live. Even though WordPress does most of the work for you to get your site working you will likely still need to optimize it for speed and performance. Below are some sites we go over in class to help pinpoint areas on your site that need to be optimized or tweaked for better performance and speed.
- Pingdom – https://www.pingdom.com/product/page-speed/
- GTMetrix – https://gtmetrix.com/
- Google Page Speed Insights –
Misc Tools and Links
These links don’t really fit into any of the above categories above.
- Generic Text Generator – To create sample Latin text for sizing
- XML Site Map Checker – To validate your xml sitemapes
- Paint.net – Download a local copy of this free image editor
For some of my other WordPress Articles. If you have any feedback or other methods to successfully update your WordPress plugins please leave a comment below. Please consider subscribing below for email updates on new posts.